Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The signs are gone but emotions still linger in local campaigns

The elections are all OVER. We are still a bit amazed at Deborah Bell Paseur for not conceding her defeat, but, I guess if people had spent millions of dollars trying to get me elected, I would hang in there like a long hair in a cold biscuit. The sad thing is Deborah Bell would have been good for our area, at least for the attorneys here in the Shoals. You can ask any local attorney. It is good to have a friend in Montgomery.

In my years in the Shoals, I can't remember a more heated race than this past Colbert County Supt. of Education race. The election between Goode and Hudson pitted family member against family member, friend against friend, etc. etc. It was like the Auburn vs. Alabama rivalry times 10.
In the past couple of months, I had two or three people ask me if I was for Obama or McCain. I had no less than 10 ask me about the Supt. race.

I wonder, now that it is over, where will all of that momentum go.

No comments: